Effective: July 18, 2019
At CareerPath Learning Systems, your privacy is very important to us. To better protect your privacy, we have created this notice of our online information practices and the choices you have about the way your information is collected and used.
How We Collect Information:
CareerPath Learning Systems may collect personal information from you in the following ways: (1) directly from your written or verbal input (such as giving consenting to receiving marketing emails) or (2) automatically through CPLS’ website technologies including online tracking, such as by Web cookies (which are small text files automatically created by websites that are stored on your computer), by smart devices, by combining data sets, by collecting data from a browser or device, or by using algorithms to analyze a variety of data such as online behavioral data, location data or records of purchases.
The different types of personal information that CareerPath Learning Systems collects directly from you may include:
- Contact details: name, email address, postal address, phone number;
- “IP” (Internet Protocol) addresses used for computer internet connection;
- Professional and educational interests;
- Tracking codes such as Web cookies;
- Passwords and usernames;
- Payment information, such as a debit or credit card number;
- Feedback, comments, posts and other content you provide to CPLS (including through a CPLS website);
- Preferences of communication;
- Search and purchase history;
- Location services, such as the physical location of your device in order to provide you with more relevant content for your location;
- Information on personal preferences; and
- Communications with other users of CPLS’ services.
In order to access content and make use of additional features of CPLS’ websites and services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing a registration form, which may request additional information that is not listed above. If you choose to register and sign through a third-party account (such as your Facebook account), the authentication of your login is handled by the third-party, and any personal information collected during that third-party login is not covered by this policy. CPLS will collect your name, email address and any other information about your third-party account that you agree to share at the time you give permission for your CPLS account to be linked to a third-party account.
How We Use Information:
CPLS may use your personal information in the performance of any contract we enter into with you, to comply with legal obligations, or where CPLS has a legitimate business interest in using your information to enhance the services and products we provide. Legitimate business purposes may include but are not limited to one or all of the following: providing direct marketing and assessing promotions and advertising effectiveness; modifying, personalizing, or improving our products, services and communications; detecting fraud; investigating suspicious activity (e.g., violations of our Terms of Service); keeping our website secure and safe; and conducting data analytics.
In addition, CPLS may use your information in the following ways (after receiving your consent, if required):
- To provide you with information about services and products that you request from us;
- To send you periodic information from CareerPath Learning Systems;
- To provide you with information about other products, services and events we offer that are either (1) similar to those you have already inquired about or purchased, or (2) entirely new products, services and events;
- For internal business and research purposes to help evaluate, enhance, develop, and create CPLS websites (including usage statistics, such as “page views” on CPLS’ website and the products therein), products, and services;
- To notify you about updates or changes to our websites, products, or services;
- To administer our services and for internal operations, including data analysis, troubleshooting, data testing, statistical, and survey purposes;
- To allow you to access to interactive features of our service; and
- For any other purpose that we may notify you of.
Personal information will not be kept any longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that, unless information must be retained for archival or legal purposes, personal information will be securely destroyed, put beyond use or erased from CPLS’ systems when it is no longer required or, where applicable, following a request from you to erase or destroy your personal information.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
To maintain data accuracy, prevent unauthorized access and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate electronic, physical, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Access to your personal data will be restricted to those who need to know the information and required to perform their job function. In addition, we have trained our employees about the importance of maintaining the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
As most websites do, CPLS gather certain information automatically. This information may include browser type, IP addresses, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends and administer the site
You have the right to make a written request to be informed whether or not we hold any of your personal information (by emailing [email protected]) In this request, you may:
- Request that we provide you with details of your personal information that we have collected, the purpose for which it is processed, the recipients of the information, the existence of any automated decision making involving your personal data, and what transfer safeguards we have put in place;
- Request that we correct any errors in your personal information;
- Request that we delete your personal data if our continued processing of such information is not justified or valid;
- Request that we transfer your personal data to a third-party;
- Object to automated decision-making and profiling based on legitimate public interests;
- Object from receiving direct marketing from us; and
- Object to processing for purposes of statistics and scientific, historical research.
Where applicable under your local laws, we will not use your personal information for marketing purposes, nor disclose your information to any third-parties, unless we have your consent, which we will always seek before collecting your personal data. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the consent forms we provide when collecting your information. If at any point you wish to review or change your preferences, you can use the “opt-out”, unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us or by sending an email to [email protected] Note that you may still receive transactional communications from CPLS. Some territories have national laws requiring a local Data Protection Officer (for example Germany and Singapore).
How to Contact Us:
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at (604) 584-0201, or send us an email at [email protected] CareerPath Learning Systems is an authorized distributor for numerous products and publishers including: Everything DiSC®, The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ and PXT Select™. If there ever should be an issue relating directly to a publisher’s use of personal data, you will need to contact that publisher directly.